Monday, October 31, 2011

Batmah for Jesus...or just to turn the lights on.

So normally I regale you with tales of acting goodness. But today we had our day off so I have nothing to regale.  Other than my adventures in the laundry room.  (those of you that have read my fb status, you've heard this already).

Today I bummed around my room doing very little but then decided to be productive and do some laundry. 

I take my bag of laundry downstairs and throw it in.  This is the only time I get to watch tv since I don't actually own one and since I was the only one in the room, I could change channel at will.  There's nothing like being queen of the remote.  It doesn't matter that all I really found was crappy american shows, I was in control.

However, the lights in the room itself are motion sensored.  So if you sit for too long in one attitude, the lights go dark and you are sitting there like a creepster in utter darkness.

Me, being the lazy ass that I am did not want to get up every five minutes to turn on the lights, nor did I want to frighten any soul that came down to do their laundry (be it halloween or not).  Can you just imagine coming down with your laundry, the lights flicker, you turn, and see this american girl in her pajamas sitting in the dark by herself.  yeah. 

So.  To remedy the situation, and yet still remain lazy, everytime the lights would go out, I'd do a high kick while laying on the couch.  The lights would be triggered, and I could remain horizontal.  Ingenious. 

That is unless you count the fact that I am just as odd (if not odder) when you consider I'm down in that room high kicking for an hour while watching telly. 

What can I say?  I'm a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment