Friday, December 2, 2011

I Feel Like I Should Be Drinking or Something.

After a week like this, I feel like I should be drinking or something.  In celebration, in exhaustion, for fun, because it's Friday or because I finished my term paper. Any and all these reasons will do.  But perhaps peace and quiet will do more good. 

The performance went well today.  All around.  I have to say I was really impressed with all of us.  It came together well and I hope everyone realises how great they were. 

For me, personally, I can't complain.  I got through it and was happy with almost everything I did.  (With the exception of flubbing the one line I told myself not to flub.  Always happens. Meh.)  But I never called for line, I invested in my scene partner KT, and I walked out of the room feeling good.  Couldn't ask for more in this instance.

The directors then went to their little room to fight over us for the actual project that tours next end of summer/fall.  The rest of us went for a rather large beer and sustenance.  The unwinding was well needed and afterwards I wandered through a shop or two to get some xmas ideas. 

On Glaswegian Radio, two young girls were singing "O Holy Night" outside on Sauchiehall Street. 

I got home to an email waiting with the cast list.  My writer is Rona Munro.  She has written for tv/film/theatre (including some at the Royal Shakespeare Company).  She often puts a bit of magic in whatever she writes so I'll be excited to see what she comes up with for us.

My director is PB.  I couldn't be more thrilled.  I know I'll feel safe and confident with him.

And my group is going to be solid.  There are seven of us.  Four girls, three guys.  Among the girls are AK and SM (see previous "thankful" blog) so you know I'm definitely spoiled already.  The other girl (AL) is beyond awesome as well and has the most evil infectious laugh, awesome dance moves, a sick sense of humor, and the brightest wardrobe I've ever seen.  She's guaranteed to have us all laughing constantly (will give her a better description once I get to know her better).  It's going to be good.

I wish I could write more but I'm completely wiped.  More details and intros of friends to come.  This weekend I hope to shove in a movie, maybe start term paper #2 (unlikely) and possibly tea and shopping.  ...or i'll just hibernate in my room and attempt to sleep a full 48 hours.  Either way, happy happy times.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment